Monday, November 20, 2006

Jet Lag

Jet lag interrupts the circadian 24-hour cycle rhythm. Besides fatigue and insomnia, a jet lag sufferer may experience anxiety, constipation, diarrhea, confusion, dehydration, headache, irritability, nausea, sweating, coordination problems, and even memory loss. Some individuals may report additional symptoms, such as heartbeat irregularities and an increased susceptibility to illness.

Isn't this as much a definition of a normal work day, as it is for jet lag?

I'm feeling jittery, numb, not so much sleepy, but drained. Still have the sensation that I'm sitting in the airplane at 30,000 feet.

Gayle says she's fine. She slept a lot on the planes; all six of them. I did not sleep at all. I just nodded off, then woke right back up. I did sleep maybe four hours on the train and a few minutes in the airport terminal; both coming and going.


We got about four hours the first night in the hotel and probably eight on the second night (in two four-hour shifts). We were up in the middle of the night talking/planning, while I took photos of the room. I was snapping pictures of the hallway at 2:00 in the morning, when I startled someone from the cleaning staff. I don't know what she said to me...maybe better that I don't know.

Trip details, stories and photos are coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home